Keokuk Area Community Foundation and Lee County Youth Services, Inc. 2020 Grant Recipients
Written by Leah Jones on November 20, 2020
The Board of Directors of The Keokuk Area Community Foundation (KACF) met on November 17, 2020, to award grants to nineteen Tri-State Area 501 c (3) exempt nonprofit organizations. Grants were awarded to nonprofit organizations in the fields of arts and culture, community betterment, COVID-19 relief, education, health, and human services in Lee County Iowa, Hancock County Illinois, and Lewis and Clark Counties in Missouri.
Lee County Youth Services, Inc. (LCYS) is an endowment fund of The Keokuk Area Community Foundation that are led by a separate volunteer board of directors from Lee County, Iowa. Every year, Lee County Youth Services, Inc. distributes grants and scholarships to Lee County nonprofit organizations and Southeastern Community College students. Lee County Youth Services, Inc. are committed to funding programs of social responsibility and community involvement/education for youth.
Virtual Grant Reception
On December 1, 2020, at 5:00 PM, the Keokuk Area Community Foundation is hosting a Virtual Grant Reception for all 2020 Keokuk Area Community Foundation, Lee County Charitable Fund, Lee County Youth Services Inc., North Lee Community Foundation and Community Foundation of Des Moines County Grant Recipients. This Virtual Event is open to the community. Join the event at: keokukfoundation.org/grantreception/
2020 Grant Recipients
The following nonprofit organizations have been awarded grants from The Keokuk Area Community Foundation Grant Endowment Fund:
- America’s First Great Dam Foundation, Inc.
- City of Donnellson
- Community Action of Southeast Iowa
- Food Bank of Iowa
- God’s Way Christian Center
- Grand Theatre Corporate Foundation
- Great River Players
- Hamilton Elementary School
- Hancock County Health and Wellness Coalition
- Hoerner YMCA
- Industrial Opportunities
- Keokuk Area Convention & Tourism Foundation
- Keokuk Catholic Schools/St. Vincent’s Elementary
- Keokuk Parks Foundation
- Lydia’s House
- Montrose Riverfront, Inc.
- Son Valley Youth Ranch
- St Paul’s Episcopal Church
- Young House Family Services
The following nonprofit organizations will be awarded grants from Lee County Youth Services, Inc.:
- Food Bank Of Iowa
- Hoerner YMCA
- Keokuk Art Center
- Keokuk Public Library Foundation
- Southeastern Community College Foundation
- Three Rivers Conservation Foundation
- Young House Family Services, Inc.