AGENDA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
August 15, 2019
500 N 20th St.
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Mayor’s Correspondence:
- Citizen’s Request.
- Consent Agenda.
● Minutes of the regular City Council meeting of August 5, 2019;
● Minutes of the Keokuk Civil Service Commission meeting August 7, 2019;
● Cash Receipts & Treasurers report for July 2019;
● Resolution approving outdoor service for Kayvan’s Sports Bar & Grill, 18 S. 5th Street, 4-day event August 17-20, 2019;
● Resolution approving a Liquor License for Kayvan’s Sports Bar & Grill, 18 S. 5th Street, effective August 22, 2019 – Class C Liquor License with Outdoor Service & Sunday Sales;
● Resolution approving a Liquor License for Meyers Courtyard, 629 Blondeau Street, effective August 27, 2019 – Class C Liquor License;
● Resolution approving a Liquor License for West K Mart, 707 Palean Street, effective September 1, 2019 – Class E Liquor License with Sunday Sales;
● Appointment of Scott Porter to the Board of Adjustment, effective immediately, term to expire April 1, 2024;
● Re-Appointment of Martha Barclift, Deverie Kiedaisch & Susan Hanan to the Building & Housing Advisory Board, terms to expire September 19, 2022;
● Appointment of James Neff & Brian Carroll to the Building & Housing Advisory Board, term to expire September 19, 2022;
● Motion to pay bills and transfers listed in Register No.’s 5086-5088;=-
7. (a) A public hearing rezoning Block 44, in Reid’s addition. A public hearing notice was published in the Daily Gate City on August 9, 2019.
(b) Motion to approve the initial reading of an ordinance rezoning Block 44, in Reid’s addition. Motion to approve the initial reading of an ordinance amending section 9.28.040 parking regulations around George Washington School.
8. Consider resolution approving Street Financing Report for Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2019.
9. Consider resolution approving contract for services with Piper Jaffray & Co.
10. Consider resolution approving a contract with Hickey Contracting Company for the 2019 PCC Patching Project.
11. Consider resolution authorizing a loan in the amount of $ 35,000.00 from the City of Keokuk RLF to Joy Stixx/Puck-E-She-Tuck Emporium.
12. Motion to approve extra funding for the Racer’s Reunion.
13. Motion to approve a Special Events Permit for Lennie Etter, Fireworks Display for the Keokuk Chiefs First Football Game-Honoring Vets, September 6, 2019 @ Keokuk Senior Hight School Football Field
14. Motion acting on the bids received for the 2019 sidewalk project.
15. Staff Reports:
16. New Business:
17. Adjourn meeting.
The meeting will begin at 5:30PM with the workshop portion of the meeting. The Keokuk City Council will review the regular meeting agenda during the workshop session.