Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures(NEW YORK) — Here are the movies opening nationwide Friday:
* The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part — The fourth film in the LEGO franchise and the direct sequel to 2014’s The LEGO Movie picks up five years after the original, with the citizens under siege from a LEGO Duplo invaders who wreck things faster than they can be rebuilt. Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Charlie Day, Alison Brie, Nick Offerman and Will Ferrell reprise their voice roles from the first movie, along with new additions Tiffany Haddish, Stephanie Beatriz and Maya Rudolph. Rated PG.
* What Men Want — This loose remake of 2000’s What Women Want follows a woman played by Taraji P. Henson who, after drinking a potion given to her by a shaman, develops the ability to hear men’s thoughts. Straight Outta Compton‘s Aldis Hodge and Tracy Morgan also star. Rated R.
* Cold Pursuit — Liam Neeson plays a snow plow driver who seeks revenge against a drug dealer he thinks killed his son in this thriller based on the 2014 Norwegian film In Order of Disappearance. Also starring Laura Dern, Emmy Rossum, William Forsythe and Tom Bateman. Rated R.
* The Prodigy — This horror thriller stars Orange Is the New Black‘s Taylor Schilling as a mother who believes her son’s strange behavior is the possibly caused by an evil, supernatural force that has possessed him. Rated R.
Opening in limited release Friday:
* Everybody Knows — Penélope Cruz co-stars with her husband, Javier Bardem, in this Spanish language psychological thriller about a woman living in Buenos Aires whose trip to her hometown outside of Madrid with her children is upset by unexpected events that bring secrets into the open. Rated R.
Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Powered by WPeMatico